Friday, August 5, 2005

I'm drinking wine out of a plastic cup with skulls around it.

I feel like I should blog. This is probably because I should be applying to grad schools or working on my fucking writing that's been unfinished for so long and here I have the house to myself and a computer and a little blinking cursor and sure I feel creative but damn not in a way where I want to move myself towards my future.

Thank god for myspace.

Who reads these blogs, anyways?

Two stories.

A) I was talking to a little girl at the camp I work at oh no not as Robin but as Baloo about a dream she has, where she just falls and falls and is scared until she realizes that she's going to fall forever and then just sort of starts to enjoy the ride and starts doing flips and laughing and really enjoying herself but it's at this point that she wakes up.

B) Last night Noah and I were talking about this amazing flaming lips show we saw a few days ago, and specifically how good the song, 'Do you Realize," is. There's this lyric,

Do you realize that everyone you know, some day will die?
Instead of saying all of your goodbyes, let them know you realize that life goes fast, it's hard to make the good things last, you realize that the sun doesn't go down, it's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round.

...Which would be so over-the-top and bombastic from almost any other artist, it's the sort of thought you'd have on Mushrooms and decide that's the way that everyone should live their lives and then wake up and think, yeah, well, ok, and go back to the way you were living before.

But from the Flaming Lips?

It's amazing.

I think these two stories are related.

But I've had a lot to drink.





And the faders move
And the music dies
As we pass over
On the arc of time

No comments: